There are absolutely construction solutions that can do both; however, progress and security considerations are usually quite different. With productivity monitoring, you want to see the entire site and each elevation of the build with a focus on progress, accuracy and avoidance of rework. In this case, you would not focus coverage on entry/exit points or materials and equipment. For security, the focus would be reversed with optimal coverage on entry/exit, materials and equipment, and other areas of interest around the site perimeter.
That being said, there are 5 key areas that contractors can achieve additional simultaneous value from the better construction solutions available today:
1. Productivity – Busy Project Managers can access cameras from any location, on any Internet-enabled device, reducing travel costs and time driving from site to site. This real-time, multi-site remote access allows for progress and compliance monitoring, helps avoid costly rework and delays with as-built documentation and collaboration, and simplifies workflow with integrations with today’s most popular construction applications such as Procore®, AutoDesk® BIM360, PlanGrid and more.
2. Collaboration – Site cameras allow project managers, trade partners, owners and other stakeholders to communicate and collaborate with ease. Remote viewing, live video streaming, image compare and markup, automated as-built documentation and even public URL’s can be used to promote transparency and build trust.
3. Security – Construction sites are often the target of theft and vandalism. As discussed above, security cameras can be used to receive critical real-time intelligence 24/7. Motion detected event notification alerts are pushed to an email or mobile device (via SMS/text) including a video clip or images of the triggering event for rapid review and response.
4. Risk & Safety – Capturing visual documentation of day-to-day site activity, incidents and near misses, as well as conducting real-time site monitoring enables managers to quickly assess compliance with safety requirements and monitor where workers, equipment and materials are in transit to identify potential safety issues. Alerts can easily be setup for entry of restricted access zones.
5. Marketing – Savvy GC’s and developers utilize automated 4K time-lapse video and public URL’s to market and promote their work quality, integrity, environmental responsibility and completed projects.
To learn more about the construction solutions that are providing these valuable benefits on job sites every day, click here.
Stay connected! Follow us on LinkedIn to join our awesome community of GCs, Developers, Industry Partners and Project Managers.