JOIN OUR TEAM! Sensera Systems has a fun, collaborative culture of innovation and hard work. We value team members who are professional, enjoy learning and taking on a wider range of responsibilities, and who are customer and market focused. We enjoy a relaxed, results-oriented culture and are a solid team that has demonstrated success together. Learn more about us
Senior Software Developer
This position is located in our Golden, CO office.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and make additions to the software behind Sensera Systems’ cloud-based web services.
- Help to maintain Sensera Systems’ cloud server architecture and assist in its expansion and scaling.
- Assist in embedded software development with an emphasis in image and video processing and communications.
- Provide technical assistance to sales, manufacturing, and tech support on software-related questions and issues.
- Act as Responsible Engineer for development projects, leading the project development including requirements definition, preliminary and detailed design, implementation, and test.
- Act as mentor for junior software developers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- At least 5 years’ experience as a software developer in a domain similar to Sensera Systems
- Advanced proficiency with the Java programming language.
- Advanced proficiency with web services and common web application architecture.
- Familiarity with a variety of software development tools and the ability to learn to use new ones quickly.
- Experience with image/video processing preferred.
- Ability to lead development efforts of a small team
- Flexible hybrid 2-days in office and 3‐days remote work model (after on-boarding)
- Growth‐minded company culture
- Collaborative, friendly team atmosphere
$120,000/yr – $150,000/yr
Full Benefits Package
The Electrical Engineer will provide full life cycle development of electrical and systems aspects of company products including electrical design, component selection, prototyping and testing for the company’s growing line of solar-powered, wireless remote sensing systems.
This position is located in our Golden, CO office.
- Participate with product marketing to develop technical requirements for electrical and systems aspects of new products
- Develop designs for new products including analysis and selection of key components
- Perform trade studies for alternative designs and components including cost models, performance analyses, and risk assessments
- Implement new product designs, including prototyping, subsystem design and implementation, and fabrication
- Coordinate with outside vendors and suppliers as necessary to carry out design and development tasks
- Source and qualify components for prototyping and evaluation in new designs
- Develop test plans and procedures for new products
- Execute design tests on new products
- Introduce cutting-edge products to the marketplace including helping develop manufacturing procedures, troubleshooting initial product introduction
- Ability to work with other disciplines to achieve electrical system integration into full product design
- Knowledge of wireless communication fundamentals
- Experience with embedded systems design and communication protocols
- Knowledge of electrical circuit components, theory, and debugging methods
- Familiarity with schematic design and PCB layout software
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to handle fast-paced environment and challenging workload
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 1-2 years of experience in similar roles
$70,000/yr – $85,000/yr
Full Benefits Package
We are helping cities and towns improve safety, efficiency, and convenience for their communities with our growing set of remote visual monitoring and site security solutions include solar/wireless cameras and analytics services. We have over 250 municipality customers today, are a profitable and rapidly growing company. Sensera Systems is well positioned to achieve our target of 10x growth over the next few years. Our patented hardware/cloud platform sits at the intersection of important trends in wireless (4G/LTE), IoT, cloud, solar, and SaaS.
Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Senior Sales Representative for Municipal Markets will be responsible for growing our Accounts in the municipal space. This includes mostly small to medium cities, towns, counties, driving new enterprise-level business through prospecting, growing existing business relationships, and closing high-level sales opportunities. This role will be selling the company’s unique solar/wireless/cloud remote camera solutions to teams in public works, parks, police, fire, utilities and other stakeholders. You will develop opportunities from a variety of sources, including inbound leads, existing relationships, and proactively hunting for new opportunities. Sales activities will be primarily conducted through phone, email, and online demonstrations, with some travel required to customer sites and in-person meetings.
- Contribute directly to the success and growth of the company by selling Sensera Systems’ remote visual monitoring solutions to both new and existing accounts in the Municipal markets.
- Effectively and concisely communicate Sensera Systems’ product value proposition to prospects, clients, and business partners.
- Develop and close new business within Sensera Systems’ existing accounts through targeted outreach, growing strategic client relationships, and building consensus across organizational stakeholders.
- Pursue and grow new accounts and opportunities through proactive client outreach.
- Develop and manage relationships with all relevant stakeholders within top revenue accounts.
- Build consensus among key stakeholders to drive bookings and revenue traction at a corporate level.
- Have a results-oriented mentality to consistently achieve quarterly and yearly revenue targets.
- Manage a multi-faceted sales pipeline across municipal and other relevant industrial verticals.
- Close inbound opportunities by responding to leads with appropriate presentations, demos, pricing discussions, and commercial negotiations.
- Consistently maintain status of account opportunities and sales activities in CRM (Salesforce).
- Collaborate with sales, marketing, and operations teams to refine the sales processes and marketing efforts.
- Represent Sensera Systems at select industry events, conferences, and association meetings.
- A bachelor’s degree and 5+ years relevant successful enterprise level B2B sales experience.
- Experience selling to municipal markets including for example parks, police, fire, public works,
- Experience selling via government procurement and bid processes processes including NASPO, GSA, etc.
- Proven ability to execute complex, enterprise sales in government/municipal markets
- Experience with selling vertical products in government/municipal markets.
- Results-oriented self-starter with a strong work ethic, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with clients and teammates effectively and professionally.
- Ability to execute at a high level within the framework of set sales processes.
- Training in formal sales methodologies and training with CRM systems a plus.
- Highly proficient computer skills including internet, MS Word, PowerPoint, email, LinkedIn and CRM systems.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate Sensera Systems’ products and services in relation to customer business use-cases and value propositions.
- Up to 20% travel.
WHAT YOU GET:
- The company has a solid product-market fit and base of customers in the Municipal market and is very well positioned for very strong growth. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to add to their resume the achievement of leading a rapid growth success.
- On target earnings of $120,000 – $170,000+ with an uncapped commission plan and a well-developed digital lead generation machine in a company that is growing at 30%+ per year.
- Stock options.
- Medical, Dental and Vision available.
- Company paid Basic Life, Short-Term and Long-Term disability.
- Generous paid holidays and time off.
- Hybrid office/WFH policy
At Sensera, we work to build a culture that attracts a diverse mix of talented people who are committed and vibrant team members that bring determination and passion to work every day. We recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a broad and diverse candidate pool. We encourage you to apply!