Pepper Construction: Site Intelligence Solution Simplifies Progress Monitoring, Collaboration and Security
Pepper Construction serves clients across the country with offices in Ohio, Illinois, Indiana and Wisconsin. Pepper’s market expertise includes workplace and education, healthcare, manufacturing and light industrial, among others. As a top Midwest commercial contractor, the company leads the industry in virtual technologies, sustainability and lean strategies.
Pepper had interest in being able to see an overview of the entire jobsite for real-time remote progress monitoring and logistics with both fixed and PTZ cameras. Pepper also wanted advanced security capabilities, to monitor specific areas of the site such as the entry gate to see who is coming and going, as well as the parking lot and lay down yard. This particular site had high traffic volume with both workers and civilians that used the parking lot for a variety of other things (Uber drivers, etc).
Pepper was unfamiliar with Sensera Systems product prior to using them at the Oracle Lab. Due to the success there, they have since implemented Sensera solutions on multiple projects across Pepper, including other offices. Pepper believes the more additional eyes on the site, the better. This helps with safety and risk mitigation, as well as provides remote access to the site when a team member isn’t local. “While we have used competitive cameras on Pepper projects previously, not all projects can afford that level of service,” said Jennifer Suerth, Vice President Technical Services. “We found that Sensera meets most of our critical needs and is more cost effective than the other cameras we have used. There were multiple project owners who didn’t think they could afford a camera on their jobsite, but then were able to with Sensera. It’s nice to have options. While there are cameras that may have far more advanced interfaces and functionality, this project proved that sometimes all the “bells and whistles” aren’t necessary.”
- Almost 100,000 Images Captured — 453 Days On Site
- Full Real-time Remote Access to the Jobsite, Including After Hours Monitoring — “Our team was able to access the camera on weekends and off hours to verify subs were able to get in to the site and/or things were locked up correctly.”
- Cameras provide “Eyes on the site” – “Due to the nature of the project, the amount of cameras was more than on typical jobs and was extremely useful. Example: Unfamiliar vehicles – deterrent factor alone is good (we saw that Ubers utilize parking lot, and Oracle may not have realized that.)”
- Remote Convenience – “The Design Team was able to access the site remotely (COVID)”
- Time-lapse, Reporting & Multiple Camera Views at Once
“The more additional eyes on the site, the better. This helps with safety and risk mitigation, as well as provides remote access to the site when a team member isn’t local.”—Jennifer Suerth, Vice President – Technical Services, Pepper Construction Company
Sensera MC88, PTZ500 and SWP2 cameras. Sensera’s advanced portfolio of solutions is powered by Sensera’s SiteCloud® platform which provides easy-to-use, 100% web-based software for viewing, monitoring, and sharing real-time site data, detecting actionable insights, and simplifying workflow. SiteCloud is a turn-key cloud hosted application supporting both WiFi and cellular connectivity and provides secure storage and backup of project data,live public URL capability, video streaming and time-lapse video generation.