With improved motion detection, night vision, and image/video quality, the SiteWatch-PRO2 offers customers a simple site security solution. Click the following link for full technical specifications on the SiteWatch Pro 2.
- Before taking the camera to your site for physical installation, “Motion triggering” should be turned OFF and later enabled once the desired camera angle is achieved. Failure to do so will result in unnecessary cellular data consumption
- “Motion Triggering” must be enabled after installation to capture triggered events.
To configure “Motion Triggering“, please follow the steps below:
- Login to your SiteCloud account
- Choose the orange tools icon on the left side of your screen (which looks like a wrench and screwdriver) and select “Configure Motion Triggering” (Picture A)
- Enable the “Motion Triggering Schedule” by selecting the box next to this option. You may configure up to 5 unique motion triggering schedules
- Enter the Start/Stop time for your motion triggering schedule and days of the week, You may also choose 24/7 monitoring
- Select your desired “Trigger Action”
- Click “Save” when satisfied with your settings
- Trigger Action “Take Picture“: Allows you to capture 1-10 still images for motion triggered events
- Trigger Action “Record Video Clip“: Takes a 15-20 second video which captures the motion triggered event and includes the previous 5-second footage
- Trigger Action “Nothing“: Though no picture or recorded video is taken, you will see a “Motion” image type in “Event Timeline” at the bottom of the “View” screen when hovering over the “bar” line (Picture B)
- Send Notifications when Motion is Detected: Motion Triggering Notifications can be sent to users via SMS or E-Mail by entering a recipients mobile number or e-mail address. Use commas to separate multiple entries
- Auto-Download DVR when Motion is Detected: If “DVR” is configured separately, this option allows you to download that DVR footage automatically and simultaneously when a triggered event occurs. To note, this feature will consume part of your data plan if selected and should only be selected if “Take Picture” was chosen
- Data Consumption: Triggered Images and video will also consume part of your data plan. To monitor your service plan usage please refer to the “Data Usage Estimator” option found under “Configure Camera” menu
Video Motion Detection (VMD)
Sensera SiteWatch PRO 2 cameras can generate triggers using Video Motion Detection (VMD). When motion occurs in the camera’s field of view, an alert is generated and sent out via email or SMS, and a series of still images or a video clip is captured. Portions of the camera’s field of view can be masked (eliminated from generating triggers) easily using SiteCloud.
Configure “Video Motion Detection” by following the steps below:
- Log into your SiteCloud account and click on “View“
- Ensure “Motion Triggering” has been configured previously
- Click on “Configure Node” and select “Configure VMD” (Picture C)
- Select the area you’d like to mask by taking your cursor and dragging it across the grid. You may also pick one square at a time
- Click “Save” when satisfied with your settings
- Masking: The black and white thermal image of your scene allows you to digitally mask areas from unwanted motion detection, such as cars or foot traffic (Pictures C and D)
- VMD Sensitivity: This option allows you to manage the significance of the movement in your area to trigger. Generally, the default sensitivity of 75% meets most use cases, but can be adjusted if necessary. Customers may want to lower the sensitivity slightly if getting frequent triggers from wind or small animals in unmasked areas. Customers may consider increasing the sensitivity slightly if the scene has very little landscape and/or traffic.
- Take New Picture: The area you monitor may change over time as new items are introduced into the field of view or your camera has moved since the last VMD masking image was obtained. This option allows you to refresh the current image and update your masking (Picture D)
- Clear VMD Mask: Allows you to clear all masked areas
- Rectangular Selection: If needed, you can mask a larger section of your area by clicking this option and dragging your cursor along the grid
Once you’ve configured and saved the settings for Motion Triggering and VMD your camera is ready to capture the expected media. For details on the type of images you will see in this functionality, refer to the below:
- Motion: Is a thermal image type that will display only on the “Event Timeline” as a thumbnail when you hover over the bar. You may view the image by hovering over the bar line. The masked area will appear in green and the “motion” will be outlined by a white box. Please note: these images cannot be viewed in full-size or downloaded (Picture E)
- Triggered Still Image: Is the image(s) captured when motion is detected. These will display in either a color or low-light scheme and appear under your “Captured Images” list
- Triggered Video: Is the recorded clip of the motion detected and will display in either a color or low-light scheme. It will also appear under your “Captured Images” list. If Triggered Video is selected, please make sure that you DO NOT enable “Auto-Download DVR when Motion is Detected” as you will download the same video and consume unnecessary data